Lakeview Foundation started in 1985 as a Hospital Authority Foundation. Its existence is solely due to the hospital that was started in Paw Paw in 1939 in a house that was the summer home of David Rose, a former mayor of Milwaukee.
The hospital quickly became Lakeview Municipal Hospital and eventually Lakeview Community Hospital Authority comprising the Villages of Paw Paw, Lawton, Decatur and Mattawan, The City of Gobles, and the Townships of Paw Paw, Pine Grove, Decatur, Antwerp, Almena, Hamilton, Porter and Lawrence.
Shortly after the hospital authority sold the hospital to Bronson Methodist Hospital, Lakeview Foundation became independent and accepted a large donation as part of the sale. Lakeview Foundation enjoys a close bond with Lakeview Bronson Hospital.
Community Thrift Shop
1000 E Michigan Ave., Paw Paw, MI 49079
10am – 5pm | Tuesday – Saturday
Support the Lakeview Foundation Scholarship Program by donating and shopping at the Community Thrift Shop!
Offering a great selection of clothing, accessories, house wares, and furniture.
Donation Hours: Thursday-Saturday 10:00-2:00 p.m. or until our pod is full for that day. We recommend coming close to 10:00, we fill up fast.
Support the Lakeview Foundation by signing up for the Community Thrift Shop email newsletter! You will receive weekly emails with information on sales and events at the Thrift Shop and Holiday & Home Decor Store.
Board of Directors
The Lakeview Foundation Board of Directors is a working volunteer board, meaning that its members do the work for the fundraisers, and scholarship applications and award. The following are its members:
John H. Tapper Inc.
Michigan House of Representatives, retired
Holocene Environmental LLC & Village of Paw Paw Council
Keystone Bank, retired
Vice President & COO of Bronson Lakeview
Associate Director of Housing Resources, Inc.
Executive Director of Bronson Health Foundation
Paw Paw Wine Distributors
Please carefully read the criteria and application directions before applying and be sure to select the appropriate application form below.
We understand that with the current situation with the COVID-19 applicants may have difficulty obtaining a copy of their high school or college transcripts and an acceptance letter from the college of their choice. We can preliminarily qualify applicants for the scholarship, but these 2 items will need to be provided before a scholarship check is issued.
- Must be a high school graduate from an eastern Van Buren County high school or live in eastern Van Buren County
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Have a financial need
- Must be accepted as a nursing or healthcare student to a college or university
- Can receive the Lakeview Foundation Scholarship for no more than four (4) years and must re-apply each year
- Download and fill out the appropriate application form (below)
- A high school transcript (if at high school senior standing) or a recent college transcript
- An essay explaining his/her reason for pursing a healthcare career, financial need, and how they plan to use their degree to give back to the community
- One (1) written academic reference and one (1) written personal reference
- Acceptance letter to the college/university
For students who have not received a Lakeview Scholarship beforeView PDF
Previous recipient application
For students who have previously been awarded the Lakeview ScholarshipView PDF
Scholarship applications are due by mail on April 15, 2022
P.O. Box 508, Paw Paw, MI. 49079
Scholarship awards will be announced in May 2022, and a reception will be held in June 2022.